Author(s): DK Eyewitness
Discover Rome - a feast for the eyes, soul and stomach.
Whether you want to wander through the ruins of the Roman Forum, gaze up at the spectacular ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, or taste the world-famous food at the bustling markets of Campo de' Flori, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Rome has to offer.
An eternal city fusing ancient wonders with a busy modern metropolis, Rome brings history to life like nowhere else. Grab an espresso and immerse yourself in the exuberant street life, navigating cobbled alleyways and popular piazzas. Or, for a more relaxing retreat, stroll through the leafy expanses of Villa Borghese and unwind with a wine on a pavement cafe.
Our annually updated guide brings Rome to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our trademark illustrations.
- our pick of Rome's must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop, and stay
- detailed maps and walks which make navigating the city easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice-get ready, get around, and stay safe
- colour-coded chaptersto every part of Rome, from the Vatican to Caracalla, Trastevere to Esquiline
- our new lightweight format, so you can take your guide with you wherever you go
Want the best of Rome in your pocket? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Romefor top 10 lists to all-things Rome.
Travelling around the country? Try DK Eyewitness Italy.